Do you need a way to organize and present information on your WordPress website that is also visually appealing?
Sure, with the introduction of Gutenberg’s table block, you can add a simple table to your website using the core version of WordPress. But honestly, there are better solutions for creating tables in WordPress.
In this post, we’re going to be comparing the best WordPress spreadsheet plugins out there for creating pricing tables, product comparisons, and more.
What’s the best WordPress table plugin?
- wpDataTables – Powerful solution for everyone who wants good looking tables and charts.
- WP Table Builder – Contains a drag and drop builder or can be used as a Gutenberg block of its own. Ideal for affiliate marketers or those who want to create pricing tables. The Pro version includes a selection of templates and additional functions.
- Ninja Tables Pro – Powerful features to maximize sales in your WooCommerce store.
- TablePress – A free solution with advanced table creation capabilities.
- Data Table Generator – Has a built-in table builder for ease of use and quick table creation.
- Kadence Pricing Table – Create pricing tables with ease. The integrated template importer and the animation / hover functions support the conversion of your tables.
- League Table – Highly customizable and feature rich solution for creating unique tables.
- Pricing Table – Solid free plugin for creating pricing tables.
# 1 – wpDataTables
wpDataTables is a popular freemium table plugin for WordPress that goes from super simple to sophisticated.
The free version of wpDataTables works well for those who need a quick and easy table solution. For example, the lite version limits all tables to 150 rows, you cannot create manual tables and you cannot edit in the front end of your website.
The premium version of this plugin includes useful features like conditional formatting, table calculation, advanced filtering and sorting, inline table editing, and more.
Pricing: You can get wpDataTables for free. However, for more advanced features, the premium plugin costs $ 42 per year for a single site license or $ 133 for a lifetime license. There is a 15-day money-back guarantee.
# 2 – WP Table Builder
WP Table Builder is a drag and drop table builder that can be used to create anything from price tables to schedules and restaurant menus to product lists.
This premium table plugin includes pre-made, customizable table templates to help you get started. From there you can add, edit, delete, move or change any cell / column / row with just a few clicks.
One of the best features is the ability to customize the mobile responsiveness of your tables. This means that you can really give visitors the best mobile experience possible – which is rare even among the best spreadsheet plugins.
- Import and export any data you want or need
- Mobile responsive tables
- Integration with Gutenberg
- Add items like pictures, stars, stars and lists
- Customize your tables based on device types
Pricing: Free version available on WordPress.org. Paid plans start at $ 39.99 / year. There is a 14-day money-back guarantee.
# 3 – Ninja Tables Pro
Ninja Tables Pro is another freemium plugin on our list that offers website owners a quick and varied way to create all kinds of WordPress tables.
The plugin offers unlimited colors for your spreadsheets, the ability to connect to Google Sheets, and the option to add images and other multimedia elements for added visual appeal. In addition, you can drag and drop table data, integrate it into your WooCommerce store and enable conditional column formatting to highlight columns, rows and cells according to the defined conditions.
- Export / import tables
- Optional fixed layout option
- Custom permissions
- Row hover animations
Pricing: There is a free version of Ninja Tables on WordPress.org. To unlock the advanced features, you need to pay $ 49 per year for a single site license.
# 4 – TablePress
TablePress is one of the free WordPress table plugins in our roundup. However, don’t be convinced that it doesn’t contain everything you need to create and maintain impressive tables.
- Import table data or enter it manually
- Alternating line background colors
- Line highlighting when moving the mouse
- Optional first row a row of heads and last row a footer
Pricing: TablePress is a free plugin available in the WordPress repository.
# 5 – data table generator
Data Tables Generator is a table plugin for WordPress that is available in both free and premium versions depending on the features you need for your website.
The free version of Data Tables Generator has support for unlimited rows, data formatting, cell merging, and sorting. Your table cells can also do calculations. The plugin is fully responsive and optimizes the display of your tables and charts based on the device type by dynamically inserting and removing columns accordingly. Data Tables Generator Pro includes premium table templates and role restrictions.
- Integrated pricing table builder
- Add pictures, videos, icons and buttons
- Text and background color options
- Activate / deactivate the automatic storage in price tables
Pricing: There is a free version of Data Tables Generator in the WordPress repository. If you want some extra features, you can get the Pro version for $ 46 / year for a single site license.
# 6 – Kadence pricing table
Kadence Pricing Table is a powerful WordPress plugin that allows you to create beautiful tables from scratch or use the built-in template importer.
The Kadence pricing table allows you to have as many columns and rows as you want. Plus, you can customize everything from font styles to colors. You can add animation as your table loads, translate your tables into any language for your international audience, and trust it to work with whatever WordPress theme you use.
- Mark columns as “marked”
- Turn on the hover and animate options
- Add custom buttons with text and colors
- Created comparison tables for products, prices and more
Pricing: You can purchase Kadence Pricing Table as a standalone plugin for $ 35 / year or as part of a Kadence membership for $ 169 / year. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee.
# 7 – League table
League Table is a versatile table plugin for WordPress that allows you to create sortable, responsive tables in your pages, posts, custom post types, or widget areas.
This simple and easy-to-use plugin claims that you can create a table in just 30 seconds. With over 105 options per table, 17 options per cell, and 13 general options, there isn’t a table or table that you can’t create with this plugin. League Table allows you to import data from online spreadsheets like Excel, OpenOffice, LibreOffice and Google Sheets.
- Compatible with WordPress Multisite
- Translation done
- Support for data types such as date, time, url, currency, and text
- Embeddable spreadsheet editor
Pricing: League Table is $ 29 for a single site license.
# 8 – pricing table
Pricing Table is the last table plugin on our list that allows you to create stunning, interactive tables without any technical knowledge.
Its most notable features include a drag and drop builder, attractive design, and the ability to include images, videos, and icons. There are also hover animations, preset templates, and the option to switch background colors for a better user experience.
- Unlimited tables, columns and rows
- Custom header, function list and button design
- Schedule columns to appear at specific times
- Built-in switch switch
Pricing: The pricing table is free and is located in the WordPress repository.
And there you have it! The top table plugins for WordPress help you organize, manage and display important information on your website.
We’re big fans of wpDataTables, especially because of the depth of functionality.
WP Table Builder is a great option for those who want a simple table builder without the granular data functionality. It’s also worth noting that this plugin is ideal for affiliate marketers and those who want to create pricing tables.
If you’re looking for a table plugin that integrates with WooCommerce, Ninja Tables Pro is ideal.
If you’re on a tight budget, there are some inexpensive spreadsheet plugins to choose from. For example, TablePress, Data Tables Generator, and Pricing Table are some of the free options. WP Table Builder and Ninja Tables Pro also have their own free versions.
Overall, every WordPress table plugin in our roundup has all of the features you need to create beautiful and customizable tables and charts for your website. From animation effects to responsive design, import / export options and cell calculations, the table plug-in is only a short decision away for you.
Whether you need a simple table solution or an advanced plug-in for complex data display, with a little research, you are sure to find a plug-in that best suits your needs.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that we may pay a small commission when you make a purchase.